Madden 12 Help & Madden 2012 Strategy | Madden NFL 12 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden 2012HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Josh Childress headed to Greece.

Go down 
+3
DaKid INDY
PtP
HitMan52
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HitMan52

Number of posts : 113
Online Madden Names : H1tMan52
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Josh Childress headed to Greece. Empty
PostSubject: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:04 pm

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53710/20080723/childress_bolts_for_greece/

He signed for 3 years 20 million. Of course that is not dollars and it is tax free and I think that is equivalent to 3 years 32.5 million dollars.

This could be starting a trend where lower level free agents take big money oversees. I still think it will die down when the other professional leagues find out that they are spending big money to players who dont deserve.

Also the same team offered Ricky Davis 7 million per year.

So far these NBA players have left to oversees

Juan Carlos Navarro
Carlos Delfino
Josh Childress

And some rumored players to leave

Sasha Vujacic
Ben Gordon (which I would hate since I am a Bulls fan)
Luis Scola
Back to top Go down
PtP

PtP

Number of posts : 1406
Online Madden Names : pTpBRaYLoN17
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:26 am

Juan Carlos Navarro, Carlos Delfino are both from a diffrent country its a big deal cause Childress could make most NBA teams and was born in America....... I dont blame him he makes more money and can get better overseas, but I wouldnt want to spend 3 years over there, 2 at the most
Back to top Go down
DaKid INDY

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:47 pm

he is the second to say they will go overseas...Brandon Jennings a few weeks ago said he will not go to college and instead go overseas.
Back to top Go down
NuR-62-KcattA

Number of posts : 1122
Online Madden Names : N1GHTMARE-
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 pm

SASHA!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!

Why would he go? That makes no sense. He broke out last year, i dont believe Sasha is going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madden-live.com
HitMan52

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Indy xLegendx wrote:
he is the second to say they will go overseas...Brandon Jennings a few weeks ago said he will not go to college and instead go overseas.

Brandon Jennings is already oversees. That one is official. He only went there because he couldnt get high enough test scores to go to school.

Quote :
SASHA!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!

Why would he go? That makes no sense. He broke out last year, i dont believe Sasha is going.

Sasha feels disrespected by the Lakers because he has not received a contract offer and he most likely wants the full MLE. And of course Sasha could get paid more oversees than the NBA.

Quote :
I dont blame him he makes more money and can get better overseas, but I wouldnt want to spend 3 years over there, 2 at the most

Josh Childress could opt out of his deal after each season so I think he will be back in the NBA after next season when there will be more teams with salary cap space.
Back to top Go down
STRiKER45

Number of posts : 896
Online Madden Names : PS3: STRiKER45
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:33 pm

why would ben gordon leave?
Back to top Go down
HitMan52

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:01 pm

STRiKER45 wrote:
why would ben gordon leave?

Last year there were reports saying that Gordon wanted 75 million over 5 years and of course that is crazy for a non superstar So the Bulls waited until next off-season which of course we are in now.

Ben Gordon, as well as the other bulls, regressed during this past year. And now the bulls feel he isnt worth even 10 million per year. And also we have one of the cheapest owners in the league who will never touch the luxury tax.

Also Ben Gordon is a RFA and now there are no other teams with cap space besides the Grizzlies who will not spend a dime this year so the Bulls can now wait it out and see if Gordon gives in to their demands. But that is where playing oversees comes to play. Gordon could actually make more money over there than playing in the NBA.

All of the contracts are tax free and their money is worth more than the dollar.

I dont believe Ben Gordon will leave the NBA but it is a possibility.

I also found out that Carl Landry is also considering to play oversees.
Back to top Go down
DaKid INDY

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Many players are now about to consider goin overseas to play. But i wouldnt leave the NBA to go overseas. I would do wat Brandon Jennings is doing. I would rather skip college for a year and play overseas then after that year declare for the NBA draft, than to leave the NBA to go overseas
Back to top Go down
HitMan52

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:21 pm

Indy xLegendx wrote:
Many players are now about to consider goin overseas to play. But i wouldnt leave the NBA to go overseas. I would do wat Brandon Jennings is doing. I would rather skip college for a year and play overseas then after that year declare for the NBA draft, than to leave the NBA to go overseas

Jennings is actually taking a risk by going oversees because he may not get alot of playing time because teams oversees would rather play their veterans due to respect.

Plus the international game is much different and tougher than the college game. So Jennings could actually drop his stock but I dont think that will happen because he has too much potential.
Back to top Go down
DaKid INDY

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:43 pm

Yea but still he is gettin some pro experience...playin overseas is stilll more competitve than playin in college
Back to top Go down
NuR-62-KcattA

Number of posts : 1122
Online Madden Names : N1GHTMARE-
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:26 am

The Lakers signed Sasha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.madden-live.com
HitMan52

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:16 pm

Attack of the Garrett wrote:
The Lakers signed Sasha!

I hate the Lakers and I didnt want Sasha to resign so he could make their bench weaker. Damn Sasha!!!
Back to top Go down
patriots3996

Number of posts : 2004
Online Madden Names : patriots3996
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:29 pm

i don't see this hap[pening but here is says that Lebron will consider europpe.

It's gunna take 50 million from a european team. Thats a lota money

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3520860
Back to top Go down
HitMan52

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:57 pm

patriots3996 wrote:
i don't see this hap[pening but here is says that Lebron will consider europpe.

It's gunna take 50 million from a european team. Thats a lota money

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3520860
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3520860[/quote[/url]]

LeBron has to be dumb if he doesnt consider this offer. IT will be 50 million tax free and he will get free housing over there.

The only problem for a Euro team is the length of the contract because teams dont like to give out 4 year 5 year contracts.

But I am pretty sure LeBron will accept a 3 year contract worth 150 million dollars with a player option after each year. LeBron does want to be the first billionaire athlete but I am pretty sure Tiger Woods will be the first.
Back to top Go down
imagin.

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:37 pm

HitMan52 wrote:
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53710/20080723/childress_bolts_for_greece/

He signed for 3 years 20 million. Of course that is not dollars and it is tax free and I think that is equivalent to 3 years 32.5 million dollars.

This could be starting a trend where lower level free agents take big money oversees. I still think it will die down when the other professional leagues find out that they are spending big money to players who dont deserve.

Also the same team offered Ricky Davis 7 million per year.

So far these NBA players have left to oversees

Juan Carlos Navarro
Carlos Delfino
Josh Childress

And some rumored players to leave

Sasha Vujacic
Ben Gordon (which I would hate since I am a Bulls fan)
Luis Scola

id hate to see them go...but you gotta think were the money is..is where to go..if there paying you enough to think about your future why not go for it?...i mean all the wanna be lebrons of the league have a real chance to get what they want. they want the recognition that these players here get that are AMAZING. Like sasha will never surpass a kobe bryant. He may never even have a game like kobe briant in his career. But in europe sasha would be a deadly shooter, and a damn good lock down defender.
so its not just the money there after, the only thing they have to decide on is. is the money, fame, support were there going gonna overpower how it takes away the pride they have for being a NBA player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Childress headed to Greece.   Josh Childress headed to Greece. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Josh Childress headed to Greece.
Page 1 of 1