Madden 12 Help & Madden 2012 Strategy | Madden NFL 12 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden 2012HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Brian cushing suspended for using steriods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wayne019

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Brian cushing suspended for using steriods Empty
PostSubject: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:02 pm

The NFL announced Friday that Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing received a four-game suspension for violating its policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Cushing, the 2009 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, can practice with the team and play in preseason games. However, he will miss regular-season contests against the Indianapolis Colts (home), Washington Redskins (road), Dallas Cowboys (home) and Oakland Raiders (road). He'll be eligible to return for an Oct. 10 home game against the New York Giants.
"We were disappointed to learn that Brian has been suspended for the first four games of the 2010 season," Texans general manager Rick Smith said in a statement released by the team. "Brian is a productive member of our team and this is a significant loss, but we have to be prepared to win without him."
Cushing denied rumors of past steroid use while speaking with the media at the 2009 NFL Scouting Combine.

(function() {
/* define adPath */

var adPath = "nfl.news/story/with-video-with-comments;s1=story;s2=with-video-with-comments;slot=inpage;url=id_00d5d81802fd9;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;team=hou;conf=afc;dvsn=acs;plyr=brian_cushing;plyr=jairus_byrd;plyr=jerod_mayo;tile=10;test=;sz=640x360;ord=" + adRandom + "?";

nfl.widgets.VideoPlayers["vid2"] = new nfl.widgets.VideoPlayer({
contentId: "09000d5d8149062d",

related: "team",

adSetting: "1",

size: "small",
dartURL: "http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/"+ adPath,
uniqid: "vid2"
});
}());

HQ video delivered by Akamai

"I don't understand where it is coming from," Cushing told NFL.com. "I was tested last December at USC and passed, one of several tests I have passed. I was tested this morning here at the combine and those results should be out in a couple of weeks to a month, I believe. I think people are trying to find something, anything, that would detract from what I have done on the field. You learn in life if it's not one thing, it's the other. I hope once I pass the test here that this will be put behind me. I'm really hoping for that."
An NFL general manager, requesting anonymity, said at the time: "We've been warned it is an issue and might have been one since high school. We are considering that. As unpleasant as it is, this is an issue with this player that only a negative test here is going to clear up right now. It's unfortunate, because no one wants to kill the kid, but the issue is a reality."
The Texans used a first-round draft pick (15th overall) on Cushing, who was voted the NFL's top defensive rookie after posting 134 tackles, four sacks, four interceptions and two forced fumbles. He helped Houston to a 9-7 record -- the first winning season in franchise history.
Cushing was a runaway winner in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league. Cushing received 39 votes, easily beating Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd, who had six, and becoming the second Texans linebacker in four seasons to win the award. DeMeco Ryans took it in 2006.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90

super_mario90

Number of posts : 66
Online Madden Names : southernz_1playa
Registration date : 2010-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:13 am

4 games im a little pissed.
Back to top Go down
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:51 am

better be cuz he wouldnt of been shit without riods
Back to top Go down
super_mario90

super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:53 am

He still got some skills though.
Back to top Go down
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:37 pm

yah but if he wasnt on steriod he would have DROY OR 100 TACKLES
Back to top Go down
RhinoX

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Lol he did have my attention! He was HUGE!
Back to top Go down
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm

i wouldnt want to take steriods i mean small balls and d*** wont cut it for me
Back to top Go down
super_mario90

super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:01 am

I just hope CUSHING isn't gonna have a sophmore slump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian cushing suspended for using steriods   Brian cushing suspended for using steriods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian cushing suspended for using steriods
Page 1 of 1